/story/43817/the-fling/toc
The Fling | Penana
arrow_back
The Fling
more_vert share bookmark_border
info_outline
format_color_text
toc
exposure_plus_1
Search stories, writers or societies
Continue ReadingClear All
What Others Are ReadingRefresh
X
PG-13
Intro Table of Contents Top sponsors Comments (1)

A spirited, independent young girl and a sensitive young boy meet as schoolmates and grow to love and confound each other into young adulthood.

The title of the screenplay is "The Fling".  Conceptually, it's "When Harry Met Sally" meets "Boyhood".

Following the death of her mother, Constance Hopkins and her widowed father relocate from South Carolina to the Pacific Northwest in 1979. At her new ​​​​​​​school she meets and befriends classmate Samhain "Sam" Shake, although the friendship gets off to a rocky start. Through interactions with friends and family throughout their childhood and adolescence in the 1980's, Constance and Sam eventually fall in love and become high school sweethearts, but religious differences and Sam's pressuring Constance to have sex put a strain on the relationship which culminates in a crisis and an eventual opportunity for mutual emotional growth.

Show Comments (1)
BOOKMARK
Total Reading Time: 1 minute
toc Table of Contents
bookmark_border Bookmark Start Reading >
×


Reset to default

X
×
×

Install this webapp for easier offline reading: tap and then Add to home screen.