/story/96294/my-name-is-2006/toc
My name is #2006 | Penana
arrow_back
My name is #2006
more_vert share bookmark_border
info_outline
format_color_text
toc
exposure_plus_1
Search stories, writers or societies
Continue ReadingClear All
What Others Are ReadingRefresh
X
This story is unlisted. Please be considerate before sharing.
PG-13
My name is #2006
a.t.e
Intro Table of Contents Comments (4)

Prologue

365 days 

In the corner of a room, the gentle breath of a child rests in slumber. A small thin body dressed in white clothing, her darkly tanned legs dangling over the warm wooden planked floor. Her arms form a makeshift pillow, while dainty hands caress her black pixie cut hair; with rays bouncing off fading to silver streaks.

Her eyes begin to widen upon being awakened by the clear voice of a man. Before quickly shifting into firm footing, standing lean as a wall. Her eyes the only thing remaining low to the ground.

Her ears twitch by the raising of tone-- "Recite the purpose!" the clear voiced man says. Rummaging an intake of air, the young girl obeys and in the tiniest of childlike voices,

"365 days is what it takes for the earth to go round the fiery planet we call, sun. 365 days is what makes up the small sum of time we call, year. 365 days is when everything everyone dreams of, happens to one or another, in one of those 365 days. One year, 12 months; break it down, 8760 hours, 525,600 minutes, 31,536,000 seconds. Remember this, because this is what we call-- life. And without this, everything will cease to be, those who breathe this life will cease to be, and those who've never breathed this-- never were. Because life is ever-changing, it is preceding the moment of stillness. And once that step forward is halted, this is the moment that every human being is aware of-- when life stops; death. Remember this also, because this is the reason for your entirety. One day the 365 days will come to a halt, the day when change is suddenly nevermore, that moment when the world will reap all that it has sowed; and they will know his name, through your own-- never forget this."

And at a halt it was made, through the astonishment in the faces of little children clothed in white; scurrying back into orderly position at the rippling of shadows coming from the walking of the smirking man. Who then resumes class at the clack of his wooden stick.

Tightening her neck as to refrain from sighing in relief-- she dangles her legs once again. Getting lost in the interest of her eyes... that look back at her from her reflection, that portrays itself onto the rounded window.

Then just as quickly as her short attention span, the years slip by.

Lights turn on inside a room, empty as a mans stare who just lost all feeling in his heart. An alarm pierces through awakened ears, as the sun rising high as ever reveals itself through the vast array of rounded windows, one set between each door; each unlocking the bedroom of a child with nothing to hide.

And with the jiggling of door knobs, hastily positioned white booted feet, thump onto the floor. Children ranging from the ages 14 to 17 imitate the stance of a marine, waiting for their commander to say, "At ease." As silence reigns, in the stillness of the air where a pen drop sounds like an explosion with its echo.

While usually enveloping its admirer in all its glorious warmth, the sun appears dim and gray once it reaches the inside of this sorely decorated hallway. Suddenly, breaking the still pattern of this atmosphere-- is a bean pole of a man.

Setting one foot heavily in front of the other, creaking the metal floor, he strikes every child paralyzed; as he swiftly but intensely examines them, as every glance feels like a stare down.

Till he comes to a halt. His eyebrows furrowing towards one another, the air quivers as stares roam around in search for answers. But time being no more lenient for this man than it is for any other-- he carries on. Reaching the head of the hallway, looking down to the other end.

And in this moment, no movement besides the blinking of eyes can be seen nor heard. That is until the stoic man breaks the seal placed on his tightly locked pretty lips; unmasking a voice that puts a bears roar to shame. Spouting the words--

"God has opened his eyes once again. Till he closes them, what do we say?" And in a roaring well-orchestrated symphony, the children reply altogether, "At your heed!"
———————————————————
End of Prologue
365 days
———————————————————
Author | a.t.e
———————
written | 1/20/2022


Hey! It's me again :))

Here's another story of mine that I started working on in the beginning of this year. This one, like my first story-- Memories Dreamnt, is also inspired off of a strange dream I had.

Growing up I always had a lot of strange dreams. And more often than not, most of these dreams are more fittingly to be called nightmares. I can't remember the last time I've had a "normal" dream, everyone I can ever recall has always been like some sort of terrifying horror movie; filled with monsters, gruesome killings, demon like beings-- I won't go into it... you get the gist right?? heheh. 

Anyways, why am I telling you about my silly nightmares? WELL! bEcause Jimmy, I'm sure you're witty enough to realize why. But since I'm already taking the time and care to write this, I'll just blurt it out for ya.

Yes yes... My name is #2006 is inspired by a nightmare that I had longggg not too longgg ago. So, that being said, I'll also tell you what happened in that dream.

POV of your authors mind

There was these children, sitting somewhere extremely foggy. Wearing the same thing as the other beside them, and standing there like they were statues. If I'm being honest, I can't remember much of it anymore-- but what I remember the most, is that strange... eerie, almost... I want to say drenched in a type of horrid suspense, just waiting... waiting for something to happen in that stale world. These kids, I do remember, were being controlled by someone. This person kept them somewhere that seemed so heavenly on the outside, yet on the inside of yourself-- you felt so dreadfully the opposite. 

End.

Not really a POV eh?? Well, can't say I didn't try. I think the worst part about a nightmare is not what you see, but what you feel. It's absolutely wretched. 

That being said, you can probably grasp that I have some pretty bad dreams. Looll *cough*

Dang this is getting too long-- turning more so into a rant than a quick description huh? I'll end it here then :)) I hope that I am able to convey the feelings of my nightmares into this story so that whoever is reading may feel just as horrified as me. *wink*

(I'm just kidding guys. It will only be scary sometimes, not all the time :)

Show Comments
BOOKMARK
Total Reading Time: 18 minutes
toc Table of Contents
bookmark_border Bookmark Start Reading >
×


Reset to default

X
×
×

Install this webapp for easier offline reading: tap and then Add to home screen.